Dear students / parents
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to Tiba American School,
TIS has turned to be a unique, sustainable, dynamic and 21st century educational model school with extraordinary team efforts.
I am very proud of the TIS Team; they understand and are passionate about the commitment to create empowered learning pathways for our students.
Our young students are growing into a future that is rapidly changing. They know the jobs of today will look very different than the ones for tomorrow.
They know the answer to this is for young people to develop a strong awareness of themselves, others and place, and to be confident in their ability to face challenges, adapt and change. They know ‘The TIS Way ‘support this, and their work with their students is vitally important to the success of this!
The goal of TIS is EXCELLENCE and the striving to reach this goal must depend on cooperation between all school community from parents, teachers and administrators.
According to this cooperation we assure that the result will be well worth of the efforts.
This student’s handbook contains all school rules; you should always remember that obeying these rules will help you to avoid facing a lot of problems.
I look forward to this school year and wish each of you the very best in the many opportunities that await you. Make the most of them with mutual respect and cooperation we can succeed together.
My door is always open to you.
Let me know how I can help .
* student learning is our priority.
* learning is a partnership among home, school, and community.
* all students have the ability to learn.
* students learn in different ways.
* learning is a lifelong process.
* School environment must be safe, secure supportive, and socially just which is essential for learning and teaching
* everyone must be treated with dignity and respect.
* Every student has a ‘voice’ and that this voice should be listened to and encouraged.
* We must strive always to make learning successful and we can do this best by skilful teaching (having the highest possible expectations), of a relevant, creative, exciting school curriculum (both in and out of lessons)
* -Give assignments that make learning relevant.
* -Be good adult model.
* -Exhibit a caring, honest and professional attitude.
* Stakeholder involvement, which includes partnerships with parents, community, and governmental agencies, enhances student achievement.
* - -Abide by policies and regulations